It is important that you ask to see ID and proof of qualifications from any tradesmen looking to undertake works on your property.
– For Gas works you MUST ask to see an engineer’s Gas Safe Registration card as it is illegal to work on a gas installation without one. For Oil works it is strongly advised to seek the assurance of an OFTEC registered technician.
– For Heating works an Energy Efficiency certification demonstrates knowledge of Building Regulations Part L. In addition, where an Unvented Hot Water cylinder is to be installed it is mandatory to possess a qualification demonstrating a detailed understanding of Building Regulations G3
– For Plumbing works, a valid Water Regulations card should be provided and a ‘qualified’ plumber will possess a Level 2 (or above) NVQ
The following details are available for Richard Chester:
– OFTEC qualifications 101, 105E, 600E (Pressure Jet installation, servicing, commissioning and bulk storage)
– OFTEC Registered (Company Number : 100067, Technician Number : 33409)
-Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
– Unvented Hot Water Install, Commission and Service
– Level 3 Part L Energy Efficiency
– City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ in Plumbing & Heating (2015)
– City & Guilds 6035 Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing (Leeds College of Building, ‘Level 3 Plumbing Student of the Year’, 2014).
– City & Guilds 6035 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing (Leeds College of Building, 2013)
A few examples of the certifications listed above……..
Updated to 05/09/20